family law attorney in Collingswood, New Jersey.

Most people run into a legal matter that requires the skill of a trusted, knowledgeable attorney at some point. For many, it could be negotiating an agreement on child custody and support during a divorce, while for others it's simply changing their legal name, drafting a will, or establishing a prenuptial agreement. Whatever family law challenges you may be facing, I am here to help you overcome them.

Schedule a Free
Consultation Now

Wesley Fenza

Attorney at Law

Since opening my practice, I have guided a number of different clients through various family law matters including divorce, child custody, child support, and more. I have also completed the New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators training program for divorce.

As a certified mediator, I can act as a neutral third-party that works with both spouses to help craft fair and peaceful solutions to a variety of marital disputes. As your mediator, my goal will be to make the process as smooth and cost efficient as possible for everyone involved.

Attorney Wesley Fenza

“Can I Do This Without an Attorney?”

While it is possible to take on family legal matters without the guidance of a lawyer, you may find the process to be even more complex or costly in the long run. Given my extensive experience with family law, I will work closely with you to understand your situation and unique circumstances. I’ll use that insight and my knowledge of the law to provide you with guidance that puts you in the best position possible. I also offer free consultations and affordable prices so you won't have to worry about unreasonable fees.

How Divorce Works in New Jersey

  • courthouse icon

    Filing a Divorce

    Complaint & Responding

    To begin the process, one spouse must file a divorce complaint with the court, which must include grounds for divorce. The spouse who receives that complaint must respond. If they would like to file a counterclaim, this would be the time to do so.

  • handshake icon

    Information Statement & Settlement Agreement

    Each party will file a case information statement, which includes financial information relevant to the legal issues in the divorce. Then, each party will attempt to come to an agreement on these matters. If no agreement can be reached, a panel will then recommend how to move forward.

  • scales of justice icon

    Mediation & Intensive Settlement Conference

    If the recommendations of the panel cannot be accepted by both parties, they will be required to participate in mediation. If the parties cannot come to an agreement through mediation, they will need to attend an Intensive Settlement Conference at the courthouse before trial.

  • gavel icon

    If all of the above steps fail to lead to an agreement between both parties, the responsibility for decision-making will be put into the hands of the courts. The final judgement of this decision will be legally binding and your divorce will be final.

Looking to Find a reSolution?

FAQs with Divorce

What Documents

Should I Take?

When meeting your attorney for the first time, you will need to bring three previous pay stubs, income tax returns from the last three to five years, recent bank account statements, and more to start the process. The more information you bring, the better.

When is the Right

Time to File?

Every case is different, so it’s important to be open with your attorney about your situation. Some circumstances may be better off waiting for the right opportunity, while others may require immediate filing to expedite the process.

Do There Have to Be

Grounds for Divorce?

No. Sometimes people simply grow apart and no longer want to be with each other. In this case, you can simply file for divorce under the grounds of “irreconcilable differences,” and site a break-down of the marriage that has lasted six months or more.

Serving Camden County

My office is based in Collingswood, New Jersey and serves people throughout the county, including the communities of Haddonfield, Haddon Township, and Cherry Hill. For legal guidance regarding divorce, child custody or support agreements, modifications, legal name changes, estate planning, or prenuptial agreements, reach out to my firm today to receive dedicated guidance, representation, and mediation.